USED 20 FT. AND 40 FT. SHIPPING CONTAINERS FOR SALE IN USA AND CANADA SECOND-HAND CONTAINERS COME IN MANY DIFFERENT QUALITIES FROM ALMOST NEW TO A WRECK, SEE OUR USED CONTAINER GRADES BELOW AS GUIDE TO BUYING USED SHIPPING CONTAINERS.
20FT AND 40FT USED SHIPPING CONTAINERS
Almost all container types can be supplied as 2nd hand containers.
For shipping and transport use we supply used containers with valid CSC plate. Shippers Own Certificates are provided on request.
The cosmetic condition of used storage containers is of greater relevance and importance. A 2nd hand shipping container in good condition will last much longer as storage container than one in poor condition. Used shipping containers are typically more than 12 years old when sold.
Below please see our grading scheme for used ISO containers. This is offered as a guideline only:
Grade A used container, GradeA used container
GRADE A – USED 20 FT. AND 40 FT. SHIPPING CONTAINERS FOR SALE
– Panels – good cosmetic condition inside and outside, limited rust and dents and zero corrosion.
– Floor – clean and without patches.
– Doors – functioning with complete door gaskets. Easy/relative easy to open & close.
– Framework – (CSC) I good condition. No corrosion – CSC can be updated with the maximum 30 months.
– In general – This quality represents the top 10/15% of used containers. The container is wind and watertight and is expected to remain so for many years without a need for repair or maintenance of consequence. Grade B used containersGrade B used containers
GRADE B – USED 20 FT. AND 40 FT. SHIPPING CONTAINERS FOR SALE
– Panels – OK cosmetic condition inside and outside, probably with some rust and dents and limited or no corrosion.
– Floor – can be good but more probably with repairs/patches and stains.
– Doors – functional.
– Framework – (CSC) I good condition. No advanced corrosion – CSC can be updated with the maximum 30 months but possibly less.
– In general – Most normal quality for used containers. The container is wind and water tight but some deterioration in quality can be expected that may require remedial work in the medium term.
Grade C used container, GradeC used container
GRADE C – USED 20 FT. AND 40 FT. SHIPPING CONTAINERS FOR SALE
– Panels – generally in poor condition with rust and corrosion.
– Floor – suitable for use.
– Doors – functional.
– Framework – (CSC) In acceptable condition. Possibly suited for short-term CSC update.
– In general – This quality represents the bottom 20% of used containers. The container is wind and water tight but with a limited life before repairs to maintain watertight integrity. 20 ft and 40ft used, 2nd hand, last trip, shippers own containers, storage containers 20ft and 40ft new shipping and storage containers can generally be supplied from depots in Los Angeles, California, Memphis, Tennessee, Montreal, Canada, Denver, Colorado, Charleston, South Carolina, Savannah, Georgia, Houston, Dallas, Texas, New York, Newark, New Jersey, Kansas City, Kansas